To commemorate Women’s History Month, we take a look back and celebrate the outstanding Women of Inspiration recognized by our chapters in 2018.
Following in the long-standing tradition of honoring women in the industry established by WISE National, WISE Los Angeles founded the Women of Inspiration award to acknowledge women in their market.
“Our first event was incredible. It highlighted women in our industry who had never been recognized before. They were so humbled and it was felt throughout the room. It was as if we were pulling back the curtain and shining a light on hidden gems that had been there all along,” said chapter president Sarah Musgrove.
Since the first award in 2010, it has been adopted by WISE chapters across the country and was presented by six WISE chapters last year from coast to coast.
Jessica Gelman, CEO, Kraft Analytics Group
Photo 2 (left to right with their presenters)
- Sara Lehrke, Vice President of Human Resources and Chief Diversity Officer, Cleveland Indians
- Hallie Yavitch, Vice President of Event Booking, Cleveland Cavaliers
Photo 3 (left to right)
- Seun Adigun, Doctor of Chiropractic and Exercise Physiologist, and Founder, Nigerian Bobsled Team
- Leah Mastaglio, Assistant General Manager, SMG-NRG Park
Photo 4 (left to right)
- Jennifer Pransky, Coordinating Producer of Features, FOX Sports
- Michele Kajiwara, Senior Vice President of Premium Seating, AEG
Sandy Nunez, Coordinating Producer, ESPN
Photo 5 (left to right)
- Tina Cervasio, Lead Sports Anchor/Reporter and Host of Sports Xtra, FOX5 NY
- Allison Stangeby, Vice President Corporate and Community Relations, New York Football Giants
- Renée E. Tirado, Esq., Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, Major League Baseball
Photo 6 (left to right by row)
- Amy Anthony, Director of Events and & Hospitality, Minnesota Vikings
- Kara Kawakami, Events and Hospitality Manager, Minnesota United FC
- Minnesota Whitecaps, Women’s Professional Hockey Team, NWHL
- Lindsay Whalen, Women’s Basketball Head Coach, University of Minnesota
Titles and company affiliations were accurate at the time of the award and are subject to change.
The opinions expressed are those of the author(s) alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of WISE or any employees or affiliates. WISE makes no representation as to the accuracy, completeness, validity, or usefulness of any of the information supplied by the author(s). WISE will not be liable for any errors or omissions in the information or any losses, injuries or damages arising from its use. Publication of the information should not be considered endorsement by WISE. By using this website, you accept this disclaimer in full.
Content and the contributor’s title, company and other biographical information were accurate at the time of publication and may have since changed.