By Van Adams, WISE Chapter Liaison
Every March, in recognition of Women's History Month, WISE chapters present the signature Power Play: Up Close with … panel featuring an all-female lineup of senior to executive-level women from the same organization or business vertical.
Created in 2010 by the WISE NYC Metro chapter, Power Play was designed to advance the dialogue of female leadership. It not only celebrates the accomplishments of women in leadership roles in sports business, but showcases the array of talent and highlights the limitless possibilities for women in the industry.
We know that representation matters and seeing women succeeding in leadership roles can have a positive impact on other women as they navigate their careers.
Power Play supports the career advancement of women by bringing to the table those who inspire us to see the possibilities of progress. It is this fundamental principle that guides chapters throughout the WISE community to present this signature program in their local markets annually in celebration of Women's History Month.
We’ve come a long way since the first Power Play panel was held. The future for women in leadership roles continues to grow and reach beyond the traditional norms. I look forward to a future of continued progress throughout the industry and the continued visibility WISE chapters give to women leading and innovating in sports business in their local markets.
Chapters Leading the Discussion
As we look back on March 2022, chapters throughout the WISE community contributed to the discussion on women's leadership through a variety of Power Play panels in their regions. Some chapters opted for virtual events, while for others held in-person events. Some combined event experiences and community service projects, while others chose more traditional panel discussions. No matter the delivery method, WISE chapters rallied to shine a spotlight on very talented female leaders in their markets.
Visit these WISE chapter sites or follow their social media to see their programming in action and view their Power Play recaps.
- Arizona — Power Play: Up Close with … from the Fiesta Bowl
- Boston — Power Play: Up Close with … Up Close with the Women of Whoop
- Chicago — Power Play: Up Close with … Women in Soccer
- DFW — Power Play: Up Close with … the Women in Sports and Community Impact
- Greater Orlando — Power Play: Up Close with … the Women of The Special Olympics and Special Olympics Games
- Greater Raleigh — Power Play: Up Close with … NIL Trends
- Las Vegas — Power Play: Up Close with … Women from Vegas WISE Leadership
- NYC Metro — Power Play: Up Close with … Women of NBC Sports
- Portland — Power Play: Up Close with … Women from the Portland Trailblazers
- Pittsburgh — Power Play: Up Close with … Women in Sports Marketing
- San Diego— Power Play: Up Close with … the Women of San Diego Wave FC
- Washington DC — Power Play: Up Close with … the Women from DC United
See Photo Gallery