Benefits of Being a Mentor
- Opportunity to give back to women in the industry by guiding and nurturing the next generation of leaders.
- Expand professional networks, including interaction with other mentors and program alumni/ae.
- Learn the values, expectations and work styles of mid-level professionals.
- Satisfaction from developing and helping someone else grow and see her succeed in career goals.
- Broaden your perspective on work-related issues.
- Enhance your communication and relationship skills.
- Opportunity to reflect upon and share the successes and challenges of your personal career journey.
- Receive recognition as a mentor within WISE and the industry.
Benefits of Being a Mentee
- Learn from someone who has extensive experience in the industry, pitfalls to avoid, ways to gain strategic visibility and how someone else has reached the executive level.
- Gain new perspectives and strategies on industry, company and professional challenges.
- Expand professional networks and resource base.
- Develop a focus and direction congruent with your career goals.
- Opportunity to explore new ideas and alternatives.