Chapter President’s Corner: Sarah Musgrove
What inspired you to lead WISE Los Angeles?
My title is president but in reality, there are 12-plus women who lead our chapter. Collectively, we are all inspired by strengthening our community, providing growth opportunities for our members and paying it forward.
What has been the most rewarding aspect of being chapter president?
The most rewarding aspect of the role so far has been watching members grow in their careers. I find a lot of joy when I hear WISE was able to help individuals achieve their goals through the growth opportunities we provide or through a connection that was made through our network.
What drives WISE Los Angeles?
All of the women within our chapter share common values — they strive for excellence, they support each other and believe in the power of community.
List three adjectives that best describe WISE Los Angeles.
Leadership. Community. Growth.
Current Chapter President
Founding Chapter President
Most Popular Event
Women of Inspiration Awards Gala
Most Interesting/Highly Attended Speaker/Topic
Building Sports Biggest Events: Los Angeles Rams with Super Bowl LIII, Los Angeles Dodgers with the World Series, STAPLES Center with NBA All-Star and World Surf League with major surfing events
Approximate Number of Events Per Year
Event Price Range
Most events are free for members; $25 on average for nonmembers
Average Event Attendance
Do you offer WISE Within?
Do you offer Speed Mentoring Roundtables?
Los Angeles Rams, Los Angeles Chargers, Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Lakers, FOX Sports, Anaheim Ducks, World Surf League, Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC), LA Galaxy
Women of Inspiration Honorees
- 2010: Fabiola Torres, VP Managing Director at Beats by Dre; Jessica Mendoza, Broadcaster, ESPN; Julie Solwold, Vice President of Global Sports Marketing at John Paul Mitchell Systems; Leslie Billinger, Sr. Shopper Marketing Manager, Coca-Cola Refreshments
- 2011: Amy Stanton, Owner, Stanton & Company; Karen Brodkin, EVP, Content Strategy & Partnerships at Endeavor; Susan Rosenbluth, Senior Vice President, AEG; Felisa Israel, Owner, 10 Fold Entertainment
- 2012: Paula Lentini, Executive Vice President of Retail at New York & Company; Sue Enquist, UCLA Softball and USA Softball Hall of Fame Coach; Trista Schroder, Interim Executive Director at Hollywood Commission on Eliminating Sexual Harassment and Advancing Equality
- 2013: Amy Taylor, President and Chief Marketing Officer at Red Bull North America; Jennifer Lau, Vice President, IMG Action Sports; Lindsay Amstutz, SVP/General Manager at FOX Sports West / Prime Ticket / FOX Sports SD
- 2014: Kristin Klein, President, Amgen Tour of California and Executive Vice President, AEG Sports; Ronit Larone, Vice President, Senior Coordinating Producer, NFL Network; Janet Marie Smith, Senior Vice President Planning and Development, Los Angeles Dodgers
- 2015: Blanca Gonzalez, Vice-President/General Manager, Nike West; Jennifer Van Dijk, Wasserman Group; Judi Cordray, Vice-President/General Manager at ESPN
- 2016: Claudia Teran, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, FOX Sports ; Renata Simril, President & CEO of LA84 Foundation; Shelley Smith, ESPN Reporter
- 2017: Christine Simmons, President & Chief Operations Officer of The Los Angeles Sparks; Janet Evans, Director of Athlete Relations for LA2028; Valorie Kondos Field, Head Coach of UCLA Women’s Gymnastics
- 2018: Michele Kajiwara, Senior Vice President Premium Seating, AEG; Jennifer Pransky, (Former) Coordinating Producer Features, FOX Sports; Sandy Nunez, Coordinating Producer, ESPN LA
- 2019: Heather Brooks Karatz, President LA Wildcats XFL; Allison Howard, Vice President of Corporate Partnership, Los Angeles Lakers; Danita Johnson, President & Chief Operating Officer, LA Sparks
Connect with WISE Los Angeles